Monday, August 6, 2012

Sometimes It Just Creeps In


Not every day is a bad day, but some days it comes creeping in when you least expect it.  Today was a particularly frustrating day at work, lots of little things building up.  The end result was me crying in my home office because it hit me that I shouldn’t be stressed about stupid work things that ultimately don’t matter.  I should be on maternity leave.  Work stresses should be far from my mind.  I should be holding my little boy in my arms and enjoying our precious time together.  It brought on a wave of sadness, so I let the wave come over me as I sat there and cried.  I cried because there is nothing anyone can do to make it better.  I cried because for the rest of my life I just have to accept it and find the best way possible to deal with the overwhelming sadness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment