Monday, October 15, 2012

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day



Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  At this time last year, I had no idea what this day meant.  Sam was just conceived.  We didn’t even know he existed yet.  I wish I would have paid more attention to Facebook posts and other outlets recognizing this day in the past.  Not because it would have prepared me for the last 8 months that I’ve been through, but because I would have been more sympathetic and caring and maybe even done more for the women in my life that have been through loss.  

Nothing could have ever prepared me for losing Sam.  I will be forever thankful that he made me a Momma and my heart will always ache for him.  It is my hope that by writing this blog I have brought some awareness to others that have not experienced the loss of a child.  

Tonight I light a candle in remembrance of my sweet Sam and all of the other precious babies gone too soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment